We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you feel that we achieve this aim. The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Care Health Team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs.
Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Patient:
- You can expect high quality care and treatment and to be treated with respect
- You will be kept informed at all times of your medical care
- You will be given a choice of hospital appointments as well as practice appointments
- We expect you to treat staff and other patients with courtesy, and keep the practice informed of any changes to your details as well as your medical condition
- We expect you to be punctual for your appointments and cancel if you cannot come
- We also expect you to conform to the advice given to you and take any medication prescribed for you
We take into account the NHS Constitution in our decisions and actions and a copy of the Constitution is available for you to read, if required at the practice. Please contact the Practice Manager.
Policy on Violent or Abusive Patients
This Practice adopts a ZERO TOLERANCE approach to violence and aggression. Aggressive and violent behaviour is considered to be any personal, threatening or abusive language (cursing or swearing), gestures (including sexual), physical contact, derogatory sexual or racial remarks, shouting at any persons or applying force to any Practice property or the property of any persons within the Practice. This includes people banging on desks or counters or shouting loudly in an intimidating manner.
This approach applies to any patients, visitors and any persons working within the Practice demonstrating any of the above behaviour towards patients, visitors or staff. The Partners are committed to doing everything possible to protect staff, patients and visitors from unacceptable behaviour and to support zero tolerance to any incident that causes hurt, alarm, damage or distress. It also applies to any Partner or Employee of the Practice whilst on duties away from the Surgery if their duties are related to the business of the Practice.
Patients who are violent or aggressive towards any person on Surgery premises will be removed from the Practice list.